Communications + Development Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position provides leadership to the successful development and implementation of a strategic, integrated fund development plan and communications program to build and sustain support for the organization.
- University degree with 3 years of directly related fund-raising experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of fundraising including major gifts, planned giving, special events, annual giving and donor stewardship, proposal writing and public relations Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising principles, practices, and techniques The ability to lead, motivate and support department staff and volunteers Excellent donor and volunteer relations skills with a keen sense of diplomacy The ability to think and lead strategically and work proactively, managing competing priorities Demonstrated leadership experience in the creation, production and dissemination of compelling content in all communications materials for diverse audiences Superior writing and communication skills Respect for confidentiality and strong sense of professional ethics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills Administrative skills including; project management, records management, developing and managing budgets, completing reports, developing policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. email, internet, Word, Excel, Access), including the ability to collect and analyze data.
- Experience as a change-agent/ability to manage change effectively.
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
The Communications and Development Manager is responsible for the annual fundraising initiatives of Calgary Meals on Wheels, including the development and implementation of a multifaceted plan directed toward the generation of funds through annual giving, major donor cultivation and solicitation, proposal and grant writing, special events, speaking at clubs and association meetings, and other agreed upon means of individual, corporate, and foundation giving. This will be achieved with the assistance of department staff through leadership, support delegation and clear direction. The role will also include working closely with the Executive Director and setting in place and carrying out a Capital fundraising plan. This role will ensure that all fundraising goals and projected outcomes are in keeping with the Mission, Annual Budget, and Business Plan for the organization.
Send Resume in Confidence to :
Calgary Meals on Wheels
Attn : Janice Curtis
Fax403 243 8438